First Tee -Tri Valley Programs
At First Tee – Tri Valley, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Here’s some of the fun programs we offer!
Target Class for 5 and 6 Year Olds!
First Tee Tri-Valley offers classes specifically for 5-6 year olds! They consist of fun activities designed to prepare the children to play golf. Target classes run on the same 4 season calendar as our traditional Life Skills Experience classes. They meet one hour a week for 8 weeks.
LPGA – USGA Girls Golf
LPGA – USGA Girls Golf creates a network for girls to learn to play golf, build friendships and sample competition in a “non-threating environment.” It’s mission is to attract as many girls into the game as possible in the hope that participants will develop a long-term interest in golf. The Pleasanton LPGA-USGA Chapter is one of 125 in this national program.
First Tee Tri-Valley offers 6 week tournament series, four times a year. These Saturday afternoon tournaments are perfect for players new to tournaments. The only requirment is the ability to play the course in double par. Kids are paired by age and gender. The last Saturday of each series includes a BBQ and awards ceremony.
First Tee and the Pleasanton Golf Center host inexpensive fun family activities each summer. They include a campout on the golf course, swim parties, night golf, and more!
- Local Golf Teams
Provides affordable access to the local golf course to the golf teams of Tri-valley middle schools and high schools.
- Easter Seals
Provides weekly golf lessons to the Dublin Easter Seals group.
- American Heart Association’s “Saving Strokes” Event
Hosts an annual all-day event to introduce local stroke survivors to golf as a rehabilitation alternative, while enhancing public awareness about the symptoms of stroke with event talks and media coverage.